"The Hiding Place" church in L.A./Early '80s
writerforthelord
2007-09-27 20:26:01 UTC
Does anyone remember a church called "The Hiding Place"? I got saved there
in the early '80s. The church never got it's own building (as far as I
know; I stopped attending after awhile and then, eventually moved back to
the east coast). I've been trying to locate the pastor, Henry Cutrona,
for the last couple of years and have been unsuccessful. I found the
assistant pastor, Philip Wagner, who has is the pastor of a church on
Wilshire Blvd. but he didn't know how or where Henry was/is.
Does anyone remember this church? They rented out space in a junior high
in West L.A. I feel led to find Henry Cutrona. Can anyone help me?

--
Message posted using http://www.talkaboutpeople.com/group/alt.fan.gene-scott/
More information at http://www.talkaboutpeople.com/faq.html
Freddie
2007-09-28 00:59:19 UTC
The hard rock Southern California band Holy Soldier has had two
distinct incarnations, as the personnel changes listed above indicate.
The most noticeable difference is the change in lead singers. The
difference between the sound of the group with Steven Patrick and the
sound with Eric Wayne is comparable to the difference between the
Doobie Brothers with Tom Johnston versus Michael McDonald. Holy
Soldier formed as a Stryper-like glam metal band in 1985 in the Los
Angeles area and was part of The Hiding Place church headed by Henry
Cutrona. They established a strong following in the general market,
playing the prestigious Gazzari's club where they held an attendance
record second only to Van Halen.

http://www.holysoldier.com/awards.htm
Freddie
2007-09-28 01:56:57 UTC
http://www.powertostand.org/Discernment/LookingAtLonnieFrisbee.htm

he is mentioned through out the article

As recounted by Henry Cutrona, "Christian Musician",: "For the first
four years I was there, all he(Pastor Chuck Smith) preached on was
love, because love at that time had so many different meanings and I
think Chuck hit the nail on the head. He just basically said 'God is
love.'"

Cutrona tells of a blind man someone brought to Frisbee: "He looked at
the guy and says 'In the name of Jesus Christ, you can see!' and the
man got his sight back."